A PACT has finally been agreed in Marbella which will end the PP’s eight-year stay in government.
Opcion Sampredena (OSP) opted for the leftist coalition with the PSOE, Costa del Sol Sí Puede and Izquierda Unida over former mayor Angeles Munoz.
This means socialist Jose Bernal will be invested as mayor for the next four years, with the four-party pact having combined majority of 14 councillors against the PP’s 13.
The decision was made at a secret, late night meeting in a finca between San Pedro and Estepona, where 27 members of an advisory council voted on whether OSP should join the PP or the leftist pact.
In the new quadripartite Marbella Town Hall, the PSOE will have eight councillors, the IU six and two each for Costa del Sol Si se Puede and OSP.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44