HEALTH workers at the hospital of La Linea de la Concepcion are demanding improvements to pay and work conditions.
Staff protested outside the hospital doors to call for the reversal of cuts made years ago during austerity measures.
They want a return to a 35-hour week, the return of pay to 2012 levels and an end to docking pay for those who are off sick.
According to the Cadiz province health minister, Eloisa Bernal, the cuts made have directly affected the quality of public services provided.
The current campaign, titled ‘The Forgotten Andalucian’, aims to pressurise the Junta and highlight the grievances of hospital workers.
Staff at hospitals in Puerto Real and Algeciras are now set to protest as part of the campaign, while staff in Cadiz and Jerez have already done so.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00