THE value of the British pound sterling has soared following the results of a new Brexit poll on Tuesday.
The pound now stands at 1.32 euros after an ORB Telegraph poll showed the remain campaign ahead by 13 points at 55%.
In a knock for the Leave campaign, only 42% were in support of Brexit.
Tancrede de Pola from mortgage company The Finance Bureau told the Olive Press: “This is good and welcome news for us, clearly the message is getting across.
“We are now expecting a very good July.”
The news will reduce the already fleeting fears of a Brexit in the markets.
Mark Ricard of FX specialist, Smart Currency Exchange told the Olive Press: “The pound regained momentum this morning due to a surge in the Remain campaign.
“It’s good news for expats and good news for people wanting to visit or buy in Spain.”
The British public will vote in the EU referendum June 23.
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50
- British favourite Primark WILL be able to open in Marbella after five year battle - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 11:53
- Earthquake rocks residents in Spain’s Andalucia - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 17:03