THE Slovakian former model who was found guilty of murdering her British ex-boyfriend has been sentenced.
A Malaga court has sentenced Mayka Kukucova, 26, to 15 and a half years in prison.
The term includes 6 months for breaking into her ex-lover’s villa in Estepona, where he was found dead and lying in a pool of blood.
Last Friday saw a jury find the former swimwear model guilty of slaying British jeweller Andrew Bush on April 5, 2014.
The prosecution claimed she shot him once in the shoulder and twice in the head in a jealous rage after he arrived home with his new Russian girlfriend.
Kukucova had insisted she was innocent, claiming the gun went off after he confronted her and they became locked in a struggle.
She has been ordered to pay €200,000 to Bush’s daughter and sister, as well as cover the court costs.
- WATCH: Aircraft and dozens of firefighters called to huge forest fire in Spain’s Andalucia - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44