IT was something of an exciting homecoming for a Costa-born actress, who has become one of the big hits in Hollywood this summer.
Millie Bobby Brown, 12, the surprise star of Netflix blockbuster Stranger Things, is the daughter of a former expat couple, Robert and Kelly Brown, once based in Marbella.
Now, the Spanish-born actress has been back to her roots with a family trip to Marbella this summer after becoming a household name overnight.
The Olive Press understands that her grandparents run a restaurant in Marbella and she spent a week here.
With little fanfare and with nobody recognising her, she is understood to have gone to Heaven Beach in Estepona, where she posted a video from a foam party, as well as various other outings undetected.
Millie moved to London when she was four, before moving to Orlando in Miami, in 2011, where her parents started a tooth-whitening business.
She shot to fame last month as the lead character in the Netflix drama, which also stars Wynona Rider.
She plays the part of a telekinetic girl in the show that is based around the disappearance of a young boy.
In its first 16 days, the sci-fi thriller was watched by more than 8.2 million people, outperforming the critics’ darling House of Cards.
Millie will return to LA in September when it is hoped a second season of the show will be announced.
- WATCH: Aircraft and dozens of firefighters called to huge forest fire in Spain’s Andalucia - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44