THE leafy enclave of Guadalmina on the westerly fringes of San Pedro has become as sought-after an address as Marbella’s own ‘Golden Mile’.
I was lucky enough to spend the summers of my youth there, when Guadalmina Alta became my home away from home.
Some 15 years later and this village-sized resort still has an enviable location and a neighbourly feel.
It’s just five minutes from Puerto Banus, ten minutes from Marbella and an easy seafront stroll from San Pedro and there are all kinds of reasons to make that journey – not least an 18-hole golf course and a cable ski lake offering adrenalin-charged thrills for the watersports set.
The local dining scene is also a lot tastier than 10 years ago, with a score of restaurants offering a feast of multi-ethnic fare, from a new vegan cafe and Japanese wok restaurant to the unrivalled La Rosa Argentinian steak house and the long-established Tricky Ricky’s, still doing a roaring trade in traditional English breakfasts.
Over the road from the restaurant strip, Guadalmina Baja is home to palatial villas that wouldn’t look out of place in Beverly Hills and the list of celebrity residents is growing longer, with an ex-Spanish Prime Minister now in residence and royalty too. The Princess of Monaco is rumoured to live close by.
It’s no surprise that local and international home buyers are also gravitating to this peaceful green San Pedro suburb for its bucolic charm, with bright resort city lights and everything else you need on the doorstep.
Looking for the perfect agent to help in your search? Well Winkworth’s set up here two years ago. Find them at www. winkworth.es or call 952 880 941.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22