RECOVERING alcoholic Daniella Westbrook has opened a bar in Marbella.
The actress, who left Mijas’ Villa Paradiso rehab centre in March, said she doesn’t see the new endeavour as a problem as she will be working from ‘the other side of the bar’.
The 43-year-old said: “I am better on the other side of the bar, I am a people person. I’m known for nightlife and DJing anyway in Ibiza.
“I can’t just stop my life.”
Speaking on UK TV chat show Loose Women, the former Eastenders star was asked if returning home from Spain was a trigger for her alcoholism.
“Not for me personally, we are creatures of habit like animals, we need structure in our life. I’ve just opened a bar with a friend of mine in Spain.”
She added: “I wanted something to put my money into. My son’s dad is Spanish, he speaks Spanish. I want something that he can do and have a nice life.
“I am still going to work and act, it’s just an investment for me and my son.
“I’m not there everyday.”
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22