Molino del Santo, in stunning Grazalema Natural Park countryside, has picked up many awards over the years, including Best Countryside Hotel in Spain and Most Romantic Hotel in Spain.
The rural boutique hotel, in the village of Benaojan, close to Ronda, was set up by British owners Andy Chappell and Pauline Elkin in 1987.
The pair, who both trained as teachers back in the UK, fell in love with the historic former mill, which sits by a raging river.
Chappell insisted that part of the business’s success is down to trying new things.
“Apart from sampling delicious local food and wine, we have also tried numerous activities to be able to recommend them to guests.
“We have tried everything from hot air ballooning to guided walks and from horse-riding to cork-cutting, the list goes on.”
Since moving to Spain to follow their dream the pair have had two daughters Carme and Rossi and turned the restaurant into easily one of the region’s best.
There have been numerous celebrity guests, such as Jamie Oliver, while current Lib Dem leader Tim Farron even had his honeymoon there.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22