Low-cost carrier Primera Air announced that direct flights will be operated daily, using Boeing 737-800s.
The new routes will run all year round and start from May 2018 – it will add to the airlines other planned direct routes, including New York, Boston and Toronto from Birmingham.
The flights are expected to start from just £35.
William Pearson, Aviation Director of Birmingham Airport, said: “After announcing new flights to New York, Boston and Toronto from Birmingham Airport in 2018, these new short haul routes to Mallorca and Malaga will give those looking for sun and beach holidays closer to home greater low cost choice from the Midlands’ leading airport.
“It is great to see Primera Air recognising Birmingham as a key strategic airport in its growth plans and we look forward to working with the airline when it launches next year.”
All the Mallorca and Malaga flights will be operated by Boeing 737-800 with 189 economy seats available.
It comes after Norweigan announced it would no longer be flying from Birmingham to Spain.
Andri Már Ingólfsson, the owner of the Icelandic-originated leisure airline, said: “We see a stable and high demand for our transatlantic flights from Birmingham to New York, Boston and Toronto.
“It has encouraged us to introduce more flights to leisure destinations in Spain that historically has been our core product and service in which we have an extensive experience.
“Flights to Mallorca and Malaga will improve the leisure flight schedule for travellers to already beloved destinations.”
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23