BRITISH police have issued an urgent appeal to find a wanted man who they believe has fled to the Costa del Sol.
Luke Daniel Clarke, 22, was due to appear at Warwick Crown Court on November 22 to be sentenced after pleading guilty to conspiracy to supply Class B drugs.
Officers fear the Brit, from Nuneaton in Warwickshire, has now fled to Marbella or Malaga.
Clarke was arrested and charged in November 2015, after officers stopped the car he was travelling in and found £15,000 in cash and £40,000 worth of cannabis.
It comes after a Clarke and his gang knocked down a police officer as they tried to evade arrest on a dual carriageway in Coventry.
They were were travelling in a VW Golf and a Ford Transit, when officers tried to stop them as part of an intelligence-led operation, reported Coventry Live.
The car was brought to a halt but the van sped off, knocking down the officer.
Clarke has previously pleaded guilty to possession of crack cocaine and cannabis with intent to supply in connection with a different incident in May 2016.
Warwickshire police are collaborating with Spanish police to find the Brit.
Detective Sergeant Richard Brown said: “We believe Clarke has fled to Malaga or Marbella and we are working with the Spanish authorities to try and locate him and ensure he is returned to the UK so he can be sentenced.
“We’re appealing for anyone who has family or friends who live in or are visiting Malaga or Marbella to share our appeal on social media in the hope that they can help us locate him.”
Anyone with information that could help police locate Clarke, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Warwickshire Police on 00441926410000.
Alternatively, information can be provided anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- Miss Universe pays emotional tribute to its first ever transgender contestant from Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Downing street slams claims no-deal Brexit could shatter Brits’ holiday plans - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:11
- FOUND: Costa del Sol British expat missing for nearly two weeks found safe in UK - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:08
- Madrid bans old cars from city centre in CRACKDOWN on pollution - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Banksy gets ‘Banksied’ as gallery in Spain exhibits art without his permission - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00
- Spain to banish 5000 pigeons from Cadiz for menacing tourists - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Brits to pay €7 to travel to EU countries after Brexit - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 17:58
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Spain SLAMMED by US official for making ‘no effort’ to return Nazi-looted art from WW2 - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00