THE Marbella mansion where boyband One Direction made their debut performance has been one of the most viewed properties of 2018.
On the market for a whopping €40 million, the 12-bed villa boasts 180-degree views of the Mediterranean.
Perhaps most famous for hosting X Factor’s Simon Cowell in the ‘judge’s houses’ stage of the competition, the luxury pad has been hosting a stampede of viewings this year according to Rightmove.
In a list compiled by Mail Online of the site’s most viewed houses currently on the market, the celebrity pad shares top popularity stakes with a Scottish castle and a Maldives island resort with an ocean waterslide.
It was back in 2010 that music mogul Cowell was filmed relaxing by the pool with guest judge Sinitta as the pair scrutinised the babyfaced 1D boys at their first ever performance.
The fivesome famously performed after band member Louis Tomlinson was stung by a local sea urchin, before his new bandmates carried him into the audition.
The Marbella mansion’s musical legacy, after hosting the seven-time Brit Award-winners, explains why the property is Rightmove’s second-most viewed outside the UK this year.
It was pipped to the top spot by a 12-bed villa on Kunfunadhoo Island in the Maldives, on the market for €12.6 million.
With a swimming pool dining room, ocean views from the bedroom and even a private waterslide, it is easy to see why this house fit for a king is the most viewed abroad this year.
Hollywood, Monaco and another Maldives house, were the other most viewed non-UK properties, while the UK’s most popular home is a 6-bed, €5.6 million family home in Greater Manchester.
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HUGE drill scrambled from Madrid motorway to save little Julen trapped in well in Spain for over 100 hours - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30
- Death toll rises to 12 in Spain’s Canary islands as flu outbreak reaches EPIDEMIC levels - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:29
- Everything you need to know about the super wolf blood moon in Spain that could ‘end the world’ THIS WEEKEND - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56