THE Beach Boys will perform at the Starlite festival this summer, it has been announced.
Marbella’s world-famous festival will host the California surf rockers on July 11 with doors opening at 8:00pm.
Organisers said: “Few acts can match The Beach Boys’ spirit and performance, and therefore it will no doubt be a very special night at Starlite 2019.
“For them, the beach isn’t just a place where the surf comes to play, it’s where life is renewed and made whole again.”
The two-time Grammy-winning group have an impressive back catalogue of 29 studio albums, including the hit singles ‘Good Vibrations’, ‘Surfin’ and ‘I get around’.
Having sold over 100 million records worldwide the American musical legends were named by Rolling Stone as the 12th greatest band of all time in 2004 and in 1980 were given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Mike Love and Bruce Johnston lead the current lineup of the iconic band, who return to the Costa del Sol after performing at Starlite 2014.
After making their debut over 50 years ago, the Beach Boys come to Spain’s Andalucia in the midst of their ‘Now and Then Tour.
Joining them this summer at one of Spain’s top festivals will be Il Divo, who return from last year’s event, as well as Maluma, Noche Movida, Diana Krall, Raphael, Melendi, David Bisbal, Ketama, Morat, Los Morancos, God Save the Queen and Malu, amongst others.
Tickets are on sale from www.starlitemarbella.com or call 902 750 787.
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HUGE drill scrambled from Madrid motorway to save little Julen trapped in well in Spain for over 100 hours - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30
- Death toll rises to 12 in Spain’s Canary islands as flu outbreak reaches EPIDEMIC levels - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:29
- Everything you need to know about the super wolf blood moon in Spain that could ‘end the world’ THIS WEEKEND - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56