THE British boxer who attacked a Guardia policeman, while on a drinking binge in Andalucia, is likely to defend his WBO featherweight title on December 9.
Scott Harrison has passed his medical “with flying colours” and is ready to defend his WBO featherweight title against Nicky Cook next month, according to his lawyer Massimo Franchi.
The 29-year-old was only released from Malaga prison last week after being arrested in Alhaurin on October 6 for the alleged assault.
The boxer had allegedly crashed his car, tried to rob another and then punched a policeman in the eye, while being interrogated in Alhaurin Guardia Civil barracks.
The Olive Press has managed to get some exclusive pictures of the car that he crashed on the night. The new Lincoln 4×4 was found by the side of the road between Coin and Alhaurin.
It is currently still looked over by police investigators at a secret compound in Alhaurin.
While many Spanish are amazed that he was given bail, he is now back in Glasgow where he is in training for his title fight.
He began sparring with a view to attaining the necessary ring sharpness for his contest against Cook. He will be due back in Spain to stand trial.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00