SIR GEOFF Hurst is claiming he was conned out of £600,000 he invested in luxury apartments.
England’s 1966 hat-rick hero began proceedings to sue a businessman, with six other investors, for £2million.
The former footballer, 68, was the biggest loser from buying into three properties in a complex near Puerto Banus.
Mark Cordner, stands accused of pocketing much of the cash but he claims he is also a victim after his former partner Michael Hone disappeared.
Peter Knox QC, representing the claimants, says the group were deceived in to handing over cash.
Giving evidence on Monday, Sir Geoff also appeared in a ten minute promotional video to be shown in court next week.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00