A THIRD of all Briton’s looking to buy abroad are looking in Spain, according to new research.
And property website Primelocation says that there are more than double the number of people looking to move abroad than this time last year.
According to new data searches for property in Spain increased the most. Last month, there was a 151 per cent increase in searches compared to June 2009, and the country accounted for nearly a third of searches overall.
Despite a potential rise in capital gains tax and a precarious economic situation in southern Europe, investors appear to be taking a long term view on the market, while hoping, in the short term, to take advantage of a weaker euro.
Ann Wright, International Development Manager of Primelocation International, said: “While the market in Spain has suffered from some bad publicity recently, there has been no significant drop in the number of people searching for property in the country.
“The fact remains that there are many reasons why the country remains attractive to British buyers. Spain’s main attractions are still the warm climate, great beaches and unique culture all just a short flight from the UK; these factors will still draw in international buyers whatever the economic situation.
“It is also worth remembering that, while most of the problems experienced in recent years have centred on the Costas, there is far more to the Spain than just the southern coast.”
Following Spain came France, the US, Portugal and Italy.
Primelocation also revealed a third of all those considering buying property abroad are looking to emigrate permanently
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00