By Wendy Williams
WITH A-level results out, British students are eagerly clambering to secure a place at university.
But for many of those seeking higher education this year, they are set to be disappointed.
Current reports indicate that as many as 225,000 of the 660,000 students who applied this year, will be turned away due to lack of places.
Now students are beginning to look elsewhere and investigate the possibilities of studying abroad.
And Marbella University, the first and only English speaking university in the south of Spain, is looking to take up the slack.
According to Dr. Eduard Schellhammer, President of Marbella University, they have already seen a considerable surge in applications in recent weeks.
He said: “We welcome recent developments that promise to bring together students from a diverse set of cultural backgrounds and nationalities.
“All our courses are taught in English. Candidates are given the opportunity to absorb a new language as well as Iberian culture, to embrace international work opportunities and enjoy the enhanced lifestyle Marbella has to offer.”
Studying abroad has much to recommend it, giving students a taste of a different way of life.
And Marbella seems happy to welcome the influx of young people to its shores.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27