By Wendy Williams
WITH A-level results out, British students are eagerly clambering to secure a place at university.
But for many of those seeking higher education this year, they are set to be disappointed.
Current reports indicate that as many as 225,000 of the 660,000 students who applied this year, will be turned away due to lack of places.
Now students are beginning to look elsewhere and investigate the possibilities of studying abroad.
And Marbella University, the first and only English speaking university in the south of Spain, is looking to take up the slack.
According to Dr. Eduard Schellhammer, President of Marbella University, they have already seen a considerable surge in applications in recent weeks.
He said: “We welcome recent developments that promise to bring together students from a diverse set of cultural backgrounds and nationalities.
“All our courses are taught in English. Candidates are given the opportunity to absorb a new language as well as Iberian culture, to embrace international work opportunities and enjoy the enhanced lifestyle Marbella has to offer.”
Studying abroad has much to recommend it, giving students a taste of a different way of life.
And Marbella seems happy to welcome the influx of young people to its shores.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful little village? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00