THOUSANDS of gay people are set to welcome the Pope to Spain, with a kiss.
Following the Pope’s alleged anti-gay stance, Facebook group ‘Queer Kissing Flashmob’, has decided to hold a mass ‘kiss-in’ when the head of the Catholic Church visits Barcelona this week.
And although the first Queer Kissing Flashmob page was actually deleted from Facebook, more than 12,000 people had seen it and 1,500 had already signed up to it.
The demonstration is scheduled to take place as the Pope leaves Barcelona Cathedral on his way to the famous Sagrada Familia on November 7.
Event organiser Marylene Carole said: “When Benedict XVI passes in front of us, we will kiss, man with man or woman with woman.”
She added: “It’s bizarre that an action as noble as kissing can be still considered revolutionary even in the 21st century.”
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00