A BRITISH MP and Gibraltar’s UK ambassador have formed an unlikely crime-fighting team.
The deadly duo – Lindsay Hoyle, MP for Chorley in Lancashire and ambassador Albert Poggio – managed to stop a gang of robbers in their tracks.
It happened after they left a reception and spotted the North Face clothing shop being broken into.
The brave pair challenged the thieves and managed to wrestle one off his motorbike.
Hoyle said: “Instinct kicked in and I yelled ‘what do you think you’re doing?
“One of the motorcyclists drove at me with his bike, but I managed to pull him off.”
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00