IT already makes some of the world’s best cheeses.
But now Spanish researchers have discovered that a daily glass of goat’s milk could be as good for you as mamma’s milk.
The team at Granada University claim that goat’s milk has the same kind of properties and as many nutrients as human milk.
The ‘superfood’, as they describe it, could be particularly beneficial to those with an iron deficiency.
They believe goat’s milk could also boost helpful bacteria in the gut, as well as fighting bone disease, heart disease and brain diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
There is an added bonus that goat’s milk also has the advantage of being tolerated by people who are allergic to cow’s milk.
Ultimately, the team recommend a daily dose of the country product for all age ranges.
“The regular consumption of goat’s milk should be better promoted here and abroad,” said Professor Margarita Sanchez Campos.
“We have demonstrated the beneficial effects of goat milk on mineral and protein metabolism.
“And goats milk is also good for antioxidant defence and DNA stability.”
Goat’s milk contains about one percent less lactose than cow’s milk.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46