AN enterprising Briton has found a novel escape from his timeshare nightmare after being threatened with legal action.
Michael Grant, 64, attempted to give back his three-bedroom apartment in Tenerife for free to Club la Costa after failing to agree a sale.
But after the firm threatened to sue Grant if he didn’t pay his 1,000 euro ‘maintenance fees’, he resolved to travel to Tenerife one last time.
While there, he saw a family being shown around the villa by a salesman on a classic ‘free holiday’ trip.
Later that day, Grant approached them and offered to sell his share for 1,000 euros, instead of the 10,000 euros they had been quoted.
They agreed on the spot – problem solved, with nothing the company could apparently do.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46