AS the saying goes, there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.
And so it seems with the sudden deluge of stories appearing in the British press suggesting that a third of expats are rushing to return home.
In the absence of any hard facts to support this claim, it is not clear how the reports came to that conclusion.
But if a straw poll conducted by the Olive Press is anything to go by, the number is a gross exaggeration which doesn’t tell the whole story.
While no one is doubting that the economic situation is extremely bleak for many, it seems the vultures are circling in the hope that Spain will implode.
While statistics can be skewed to support almost any argument, the true story often comes from the man on the ground.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46