A BUILDER angry at being refused allegedly outstanding payments has slit his wrists in Marbella Town Hall.
The man, who has not been named, cut himself in the office of tax and personnel co-ordinator Carlos Rubio in protest.
After being ruined by years’ worth of unpaid bills, the builder decided to demand the money he believes is owed to him.
A doctor was called to the scene to treat what turned out to be a superficial injury.
But Marbella Town Hall denies his claims, saying ‘the town hall owes him nothing’.
Six years of economic hardship for the region has racked up a total of 10 million euros owed by Marbella Town Hall to 500 suppliers.
- Forecast gloomy for hotels on the Costa del Sol - 21 Jul, 2012 @ 17:25
- Spain’s Royal family takes pay cut - 20 Jul, 2012 @ 10:30
- Brit denies bar shooting in Spain - 19 Jul, 2012 @ 12:13
- Algarrobico hotel to get the chop despite amnesty for Costa del Sol properties - 17 Jul, 2012 @ 13:32
- Brit compares Pamplona bull goring to being stabbed - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 15:49
- Gibraltar hits back at Spanish ‘delaying tactic’ claims - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 12:16
- The jet-set lifestyle of expat arrested in connection with €6 million fraud - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 10:33
- Lioness found living in Spanish urbanisation - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 09:30
- Half of the arrested protestors in Madrid have been released - 14 Jul, 2012 @ 08:00
- Tarifa: Where the wind blows - 13 Jul, 2012 @ 15:45