A CRAFTY motorist has come up with a novel way of beating the traffic on his daily commute in Madrid.
The 33-year-old used a shop mannequin (pictured) to travel in lanes only permitted for vehicles that have at least two occupants.
The driver had fitted his mannequin with a wig, cardigan and sunglasses, and even remembered to fasten her seatbelt.
The impatient commuter was busted when Guardia Civil officers took a closer look at his lifeless passenger, and handed him a €200 fine.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02