A FORMER Moulin Rouge dancer jailed for benefit fraud after fleeing to Spain has been ordered to pay back €40,000.
Benefit cheat Dawn Orton, 47, was locked up for 12 months after being convicted of cheating the taxpayer out of as much as €100,000.
An international arrest warrant was issued for the mother-of-two before she eventually handed her self in on the Costa del Sol.
Now the former showgirl has been ordered to pay €40,000 in six months or face another year behind bars.
Orton claimed thousands in lone widow payments following the death of her husband, despite being in a long-term relationship with a wealthy businessman.
She also claimed incapacity benefit payments for a shoulder injury, despite continuing to play badminton and enjoying skiing holidays.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36