ACCORDING to Gibraltar government officials, Spain has now prohibited trucks carrying concrete from entering Gibraltar.
This is just one more bump in the recent argument between Gibraltar and Spain, which began a few days ago when Spanish fisherman complained to the Guardia Civil about an artificial reef being built near the rock near where they were working.
The statement did not say whether incoming concrete is intended for continued construction.
Though Gibraltar maintains that the artificial reef serves to protect marine biodiversity, Spanish environmental protection officials claim that construction is harmful to wildlife all the way down the coast.
- Goya museum in trouble - 13 Aug, 2013 @ 10:00
- Kids’ cardiac threat - 11 Aug, 2013 @ 10:08
- Football match abandoned at World Police and Fire Games - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 10:52
- The last of the Spanish Nazis - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 10:03
- Buena Vista baile - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 09:02
- Sotogrande celebrates half a century - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 15:16
- Staying safe on Spain’s roads - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 12:10
- Snoop Dogg rolls in - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 09:17
- British woman gives birth to biggest baby ever born naturally in Spain - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 14:57
- Keira Knightly takes Spanish vacation - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 12:34