JULIE Girling has urged Britons to ‘boycott’ Spain in response to mounting tensions.
The Gibraltar and South-West England Euro MP posted a message on Twitter saying: “There has been enough talking, now there must be action. I urge constituents across the UK to consider taking their summer holidays elsewhere this year.
“Spain is not on our side,” she states.
Speaking out about ‘outlandish threats’ by Spain against the Rock and its citizens, and ‘menacing proposals’, the MEP calls for UK citizens to either take a ‘staycation’ this summer – holidaying in another part of Britain – or choose another foreign destination altogether.
“Citizens of Gibraltar will not stand for the Spanish bullying and intimidation. The imposition of a 50-euro charge to cross the border, and the closure of Spanish airspace to Gibraltar flights, is clearly impeding the movement of workers to and from Gibraltar,” Ms Girling states both on Twitter and on her own website, www.juliegirling.com.
“I believe the European Commission should launch legal action against the Spanish government,” the MEP concludes.
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27