THE European Commission has made its inaugural trip to the Gibraltar side of the frontier.
The visit follows the complaint the made to the Commission by the Government of Gibraltar at the end of July, and further complaints from individuals and MEPs.
The Commission delegation was accompanied by the deputy chief minister and senior officials to view the vehicular, pedestrian and commercial entry and exit points of the frontier from the Gibraltar side.
At the time there was a two hour queue of vehicles trying to enter the territory.
This was followed by a tour of the area into which the queue extends on a bad day.
Various government officials also offered different perspectives on the border issues during an address to the visitors.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40