SHOCKING footage has been posted on YouTube of a satirical play in which giggling Spanish students wearing military fatigues and carrying plastic guns shoot dead Union Jack-wearing ‘Brits’.
The video was posted online by Julián Trullenque Anés, who has worked at the Brianda de Luna school in the small town of Alfajarín, near Zaragoza. However, the original video has now been removed from YouTube.
It showed a group of sock and sandal-wearing ‘Brits’ setting up their deck chairs to a soundtrack of the National Anthem. But then a Spanish ‘tank’ arrives accompanied by students in camouflage and brandishing plastic guns who proceed to gun down the ‘Brits’ who fall to the ground as the music switches to The Clash’s ‘Spanish Bombs’. The audience of students and adults watching appear to find it all hilarious.
The latest incident comes after weeks of mounting tensions between Gibraltar and Spain following the installation of a series of concrete blocks aimed to conserve fish stocks, but prompted accusations from Spain that it would stop fishermen being able to earn a living.
In an unprecedented move, special teams of Spanish customs officials were then deployed on the border, stopping and searching all traffic and pedestrians leaving Gibraltar for contraband which caused huge delays of up to seven hours in sweltering summer temperatures.
And recently mayor of Callosa de Segura, Francisco Perez Trigueros, sparked outrage after posting a mocked up picture of a Spanish invasion of Gibraltar on Facebook.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33