POLITICIANS of all parties have condemned the brutal attack of Salobrena PP spokesman, Juan de Dios Márquez Moya.
Two masked men assaulted Moya on the doorstep of his home in Lobres, inflicting a savage beating which left him with several injuries, including a broken jaw.
Moya was initially treated at the hospital in Motril where he was visited by Salobrena mayor Gonzalo Fernández Pulido.
Pulido expressed his ‘revulsion at the ‘cowardly and unspeakable action’.
Moya was later transferred to aspecialist clinic in Granada where he continues his recovery.
The Guardia Civil are continuing their search for the two attackers.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00