AN EXPLODING toilet in a Barcelona bar has seriously burnt a woman who will now undergo skin grafting on her legs.
The freak incident was caused by a build-up of methane gas in the bar toilet, which was then ignited by a spark when the woman flicked on the light switch.
The build-up is thought by police to have been caused by a lack of ventilation and a highly unclean septic tank.
As the woman was sitting down when she flicked the light, the gas was compressed and therefore caused a stronger blast.
She suffered second and third degree burns to both legs.
She is now seeking legal action against the bar, in Barcelona’s gothic quarter.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44