A 19TH CENTURY harp crafted in London has been donated to a Malaga museum.
Expat author Marion Leigh, from Guadalmina, donated the valuable instrument – once donated to a French king – to the Museo Interactivo de la Musica (MIMMA).
Made by legendary piano and harp craftsman Sebastian Erard in 1819, the instrument is the latest addition to the recently relocated museum.
One of the many details that make the harp an important piece is the inscription: ‘TO THE ROYAL FAMILY. His Most Christian Majesty the King of France and H.I.M. the Emperor of all the Russias’.
It is believed to have been given to King Louis XVIII.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44