GORDON Ramsay is getting a helping hand from the Olive Press in a new TV show.
The fiery 47-year-old chef – known for his serious temper and foul mouth – asked us to run a rule over a Gaucin restaurant for a new series of his Channel 4 show, Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares.
A fan of the paper, he revealed he had been having an ‘amazing’ time in Andalucia over the last two months.
“I love it down here. It’s amazing. And what a place Gaucin is!” said the Scottish chef, who owns or operates 24 restaurants around the world.
We were asked to review charming La Granada Divino, to be featured in a forthcoming episode set to air in the autumn.
He has already filmed two other recent episodes in Spain, one in Fuengirola at Jack’s Chicken Shack and another in Alicante.
During filming, we were lucky enough to meet the British star and try his food alongside that of the restaurant’s head chef Neil Brown.
As usual, Ramsay ‘threw a bomb’ into the recently-opened eatery, owned by Costa couple Milan and Gina Varmuza.
He bounced around in trainers shouting orders and generally throwing his weight around.
During the week, he was also seen in Duquesa port, accompanied by his camera crew, where he drew an impressive crowd of curious holiday-makers.
“He had us down in Duquesa handing out flyers and plates of food to promote the restaurant,” said a member of staff. “I am not sure it was quite our clientele, but we did what we were told. Gordon is the boss, after all.”
It was good to see his famous quiff still standing tall – despite scurrilous ‘hair transplant’ rumours in the press.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44