POPULAR bargain retailer Poundland has opened its first Spanish store in Torremolinos.
However, fans of the shop will be shocked to learn everything costs €1.50, which is actually 19 pence more than a pound at current exchange rates.
The Dealz shop has created 40 new jobs and represents an investment of more than €500,000 in the area.
To celebrate the grand opening, Dealz is hosting a fundraising event for all the family on July 10, from 10am, including music and prizes.
“We are extremely excited to be introducing Dealz’s unique single-price offer into the Spanish market at a time when households are trying to survive on a tight budget,” said the store manager.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44