THE jihadist terrorist group ISIS has made Spain a target for its new Islamic caliphate.
Members of The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) revealed their plans in a video vowing to ‘liberate the land of their forefathers.’
In the Spanish recording, the extremists recall the days when Spain was part of the Arabic world and how much of Andalucia was under Islamic rule for centuries.
It comes as Spain continues its crackdown on Muslim extremism, most recently arresting collaborators of ISIS in Huelva, Malaga, and La Linea.
Last month, police raids in Madrid seized eight jihadist ‘recruiters’, while 12 others were arrested for being involved in terrorist activity.
The US Attorney General Eric Holder has suggested Spain step up its prosecution of potential jihadists.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05