SPECIAL edition stamps of King Felipe and Queen Letizia have been launched today by postal service Correos.
The stamp from the Fabrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbe – Spain’s national coin and stamp manufacturers – celebrates the Royal couple’s ascension to the throne on June 19.
They are going on sale to the public today, as yesterday – the Dia de Hispanidad, and the day the stamps should have been launched – was a Sunday.
The stamps show official photographs of the King and Queen – taken in 2010 – with the words ‘Felipe VI. Rey de Espana’ superimposed in gold.
Both can be bought for a euro each, with 300,000 copies of the first edition – there may be more – available to buy.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05