Molino del Santo owners Pauline and Andy on the final days of the summer season
A GUEST has just given my receptionist a ring that she admired yesterday on their hand, making our receptionist’s day. What a lovely thing to do.
It reminded me of so many kind things that people do every season. The presents that returning guests bring for the children of our staff are so much appreciated: the boxes of chocolates; photos in frames of happy earlier visits; the very generous gratuities that are left to be shared – these are regular events and help us to create a special atmosphere in the hotel.
Just to prove that we are not just materialists, let me also make it clear that we really value the very kind words that people pass on to us, be it verbally, on paper or on the web.
We do appreciate too the folk that leave us constructive feedback. We know we are not perfect and it is very helpful to have suggestions of how we can improve our service.
So at the end of this, our 28th season, very many thanks to everyone who has visited this year and for all the kindnesses that we have received.
What do we do when we are closed for four months?
Apart from taking time to chill and relax and do some travelling, we also work on the buildings and plan for the following year.
And if past years are anything to judge by, over half of our rooms will be reserved by the time we open in 2015 so there are lots of enquiries and bookings to deal with.
It’s not such a bad old life really…
…and thank you
It doesn’t seem possible that another Season has (almost) finished as we close on Sunday November 9.
The weather is still glorious here in the Serrania…and we’ve got lots of walkers staying at the moment.
A group of 25 Belgian motorcyclists have just stayed three nights with us and we have another Food and Culture Group arriving next week.
We’d love to stay open longer… but we know the rain and cold will come and the guests won’t!
We also need time to repair, repaint, reform and recharge our batteries…it’s a great job but tiring at times.
Many, many thanks to all of you who have enjoyed the Hotel and Restaurant at Molino del Santo in 2014…and we hope you have a great winter, Christmas and New Year wherever you are…and really look forward to welcoming you again in 2015.
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16