Molino del Santo owners Pauline and Andy on the final days of the summer season
A GUEST has just given my receptionist a ring that she admired yesterday on their hand, making our receptionist’s day. What a lovely thing to do.
It reminded me of so many kind things that people do every season. The presents that returning guests bring for the children of our staff are so much appreciated: the boxes of chocolates; photos in frames of happy earlier visits; the very generous gratuities that are left to be shared – these are regular events and help us to create a special atmosphere in the hotel.
Just to prove that we are not just materialists, let me also make it clear that we really value the very kind words that people pass on to us, be it verbally, on paper or on the web.
We do appreciate too the folk that leave us constructive feedback. We know we are not perfect and it is very helpful to have suggestions of how we can improve our service.
So at the end of this, our 28th season, very many thanks to everyone who has visited this year and for all the kindnesses that we have received.
What do we do when we are closed for four months?
Apart from taking time to chill and relax and do some travelling, we also work on the buildings and plan for the following year.
And if past years are anything to judge by, over half of our rooms will be reserved by the time we open in 2015 so there are lots of enquiries and bookings to deal with.
It’s not such a bad old life really…
…and thank you
It doesn’t seem possible that another Season has (almost) finished as we close on Sunday November 9.
The weather is still glorious here in the Serrania…and we’ve got lots of walkers staying at the moment.
A group of 25 Belgian motorcyclists have just stayed three nights with us and we have another Food and Culture Group arriving next week.
We’d love to stay open longer… but we know the rain and cold will come and the guests won’t!
We also need time to repair, repaint, reform and recharge our batteries…it’s a great job but tiring at times.
Many, many thanks to all of you who have enjoyed the Hotel and Restaurant at Molino del Santo in 2014…and we hope you have a great winter, Christmas and New Year wherever you are…and really look forward to welcoming you again in 2015.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05