DISGRACED Costa del Sol journalist Mike Souter has had his appeal thrown out of court, after being jailed for a series of child sex attacks.
Souter, 61, was jailed for 22 years at Norwich Crown Court, in the UK, in October 2013 for serially abusing boys over a 20-year period.
The former Sur in English writer was found guilty of 26 offences, including 19 counts of historic child sex abuse against seven different boys aged between 11 and 16, between 1979 and 1999.
He appealed both his convictions and sentence, but both were turned down at a hearing at London’s Appeal Court.
“This was an appalling catalogue of sexual abuse on vulnerable victims over a protracted period and Souter remains in denial,” said Mr Justice Goss.
“His sentence – although severe – accorded with sentencing practice and appropriately reflected his culpability and the harm caused by this offending.”
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05