LAST week I packed my bags and headed east for Dubai.
A gala dinner with Sheik Mohammed Al Maktoum in the Burj Khalifa – the world’s tallest skyscraper – and a luxury dinner in the middle of the desert were just a couple of personal highlights.
But the real reason I was there was for the International Property Show.
Hosted at the impressive World Trade Centre, property experts from across Europe and Asia were in attendance… and the word from the East is that things look promising for Spain’s property market.
In particular, Marbella and the Costa del Sol have piqued the interest of buyers looking to invest in overseas property.
With most of the attendees coming from the UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, it’s fair to say that money from the Middle East will soon be making its way up the Golden Mile and beyond.
A lot of chatter focussed on the Golden Visas scheme. Designed to attract investors from beyond Europe, the scheme provides residency visas to non-EU nationals buying property in Spain.
A €500,000 investment qualifies the client for a visa, offering travel and educational opportunities for their family too.
We have already seen a number of Russian and American investors making the most of this scheme. Now it appears those in the Middle East are set for their piece of the action.
There were also a great number of enquiries about ‘investment yields’ as word of Marbella’s ‘bounce in demand’ spreads.
(That’s property jargon for ‘enquires about property with profit potential as interest in
In real speak, it’s good news for the Costa del Sol’s new build market.
At the Finance Bureau, we have been working with clients from the Middle East for the last two years.
In partnership with our banks we have been developing specifically tailored mortgage products for these clients in order to give best loans-to-value and competitive rates.
And this year’s trip proved to me that interest will only grow in the year ahead.
- Why Spain is still an attractive property investment for 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 15:00
- Spain is not entering a new property bubble, but it can still do more to prevent another - 22 Dec, 2018 @ 13:58
- Mortgage approval numbers are soaring in Spain as property market continues its recovery - 4 Aug, 2018 @ 11:53
- Property market in Spain still a safe bet - 7 Jul, 2018 @ 15:00
- Why you’ll always need a mortgage broker in Spain’s booming property market - 9 Jun, 2018 @ 17:23
- Beware the 100%: Are mortgages that pay for your property in full a good idea? writes Tancrede de Pola - 14 Apr, 2018 @ 11:30
- The Finance Bureau answers the frequently most asked questions about getting a mortgage in Spain - 28 Oct, 2017 @ 11:40
- Must-dos before signing on your new property in Spain - 2 Sep, 2017 @ 11:41
- What to expect when buying a mortgage in Spain as a non-resident - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 14:08
- What are some of the extra fees you can expect to pay on your Spanish mortgage? - 12 Jun, 2017 @ 15:59