SPAIN’S economic recovery appears to be becoming a reality as employment rose by 3% in the first quarter of this year, compared to 2014.
Overall more than 500,000 people have returned to work over the past year, while the recent data also revealed that the number of jobless fell by 8% too.
Economists say the recovery is picking up across various sectors and that consumer confidence and spending will rise as a result.
However, the unemployment rate remains at 23.8%, with more than 5.4million Spaniards still out of work.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44