THIS is the moment young Malaga bullfighter Saul Jimenez Fortes was gored through the his stomach and the right-hand side of his neck by a half tonne animal during the San Isidro Bullfight Festival in Madrid.
After being tossed between the bull’s horns he was gored through the neck as he lay face down on the ground.
Although he started to walk from the arena covered in blood officials quickly rushed to his aid and carried him from the bullring and taken to a local hospital.
Doctors at the Las Ventas hospital in Madrid said the matador suffered a bull horn wound to his lower stomach and another to the neck.
“Everything is going well, he has no fever, nor has he signs of internal bleeding,” a doctor was quoted as saying.
The bull horn that ripped into Fortes’ neck apparently bruised both his carotid artery and jugular vein.
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- DON’T LEAF US THIS WAY: Brexit striking fear into hearts of ‘terrified’ farmers in Spain’s Andalucia - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00