Starting on July 6 and running until early October, the programme will involve counting birds across the Gibraltar Strait, with observation points in Algeciras and Tarifa.
All volunteers will be accompanied by a professional ornithologist and will be provided with basic training on bird identification and counting techniques and bird ranging activities.
The organisation is need of volunteers for this summer campaign.
The Migres Foundation is a non-profit, scientific and cultural organization geared to the conservation and of natural heritage and specialises in the scientific monitoring of bird migration.
For more information, contact [email protected]
- Spain’s wealthy class on the rise - 30 Jun, 2015 @ 08:45
- Nerja’s new mayor Rosa Arrabal names her government - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 18:00
- Spain the biggest exporter of wine in the world - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 09:00
- The nifty nispero - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 17:00
- Marbella hospital leads the way with water births - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 13:00
- Spain’s seven wonders of the dining world - 27 Jun, 2015 @ 12:00
- Left to take a selfie in the lift - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:37
- Wanda group eyes Madrid investment - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:30
- Spain set for soaring heatwave with Malaga seeing temperatures reach 36ºC - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 12:19
- Two Spaniards gored to death by bulls - 25 Jun, 2015 @ 17:55