SEVILLA judge Mercedes Alaya has slammed her replacement Maria Nunez Bolanos and is questioning her removal from the ERE corruption case.
Alaya accused Bolanos of lacking seriousness and rigour necessary for handling such a case, as her extensive time in family court left her with a scarce knowledge of criminal jurisdiction.
She also criticized Bolanos’ close relationship with Minister of Justice Emilio Llera, citing the possibility of distraction and bias from their friendship.
Alaya also criticized the decision to remove her from the case, describing her own experience as necessary for handling the case agilely and efficiently.
TSJA, the Andalucian justice tribunal, has responded that Alaya’s words were entirely out of line, and demonstrated her lack of willingness to collaborate in a useful manner with the new judge.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29