MOURNERS are lining the streets of Liverpool to pay tribute to one of the UK’s best-loved national treasures.
And a star-studded cast is set to attend and participate in TV host and singer Cilla Black’s funeral set for 1pm GMT.
Sir Cliff Richard will sing at the St Mary’s RC church in Woolton while TV celebrities Paul O’Grady, Jimmy Tarbuck and Christopher Biggins are giving readings, as are her sons.
Fans will watch from outside the church and along Woolton Road in Liverpool where the funeral cortege will drive following the service.
Local residents in Spain lamented Cilla’s loss after the 72-year-old died earlier this month after a stroke in her Estepona villa, as did close friend and local restaurateur Robbie Anderson who was due to see her the evening she died.
Numerous tributes have been given and Christopher Biggins told ITV’s Good Morning that he expected it to be a ‘tough day but also a joyous day’.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25