A NEW Spanish film based on an infamous PP tax fraud and bribery case will be released on September 18.
B stars Pedro Casablanc as disgraced ex-treasurer Luis Barcenas and focuses on the politician’s trial.
The film, named after one of the accounts used in the affair, also features Manolo Solo as judge Pablo Ruz.
Director David Ilundain’s film was financed by a crowdfunding initiative and borrows heavily from actual court transcripts.
It is based on a play, Ruz-Barcenas which dramatised the pair’s courtroom duel.
Barcenas is currently awaiting a separate trial on charges along with another ex-treasurer, Alvaro Lapuerta.
The PP were acquitted of all tax crimes in a case which rocked the Spanish political establishment.
They had been accused of keeping an unofficial account for illegal financing purposes and using €888,000 in undeclared funds to pay for reform work at its Madrid headquarters.
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14