IT’S official: for the second year running, the best tapas in Mijas Pueblo can be found at Bana Bana Cafe.
Head chef Txelo Gonzalez wowed the crowds with her innovative duck confit, foie gras and truffle milhojas with lemon ice cream.
The stunning creation won the top prize at his year’s Tapas Route’s best dish, out of around 2,600 entries across town.
“I am very proud that Txelo has won ‘best tapa in Mijas’ again, she is guaranteed the chef with the most passion and love for food in the village,” said expat owner Thomas Weller.
“Once we renovate the place she’ll be even better equipped to work her magic in the kitchen, and we aim to be an eating reference for the whole Costa del Sol.”
Weller owns a string of Mijas eateries including Latitude 30, Secret Garden, Aroma Cafe and Taberna Meginez.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25