GIBRALTAR rugby team made the long trip to Malta worthwhile with an emphatic 29-14 win.
Tries from James Russo (2), Fred Cruz, Alex Cruz and Harvey Armstrong proved too much for a Malta side which began to flag near the end of the test match.
The victory came as sweet revenge for Gibraltar’s first home defeat by Malta last year.
Alex Cruz, who converted two of the five tries, was making his debut for the national side, along with Killian Perez and David Smith.
Man of the Match was awarded jointly to Russo, for ‘tireless work at the breakdown’ and Alex Lavarello, for a ‘storming display of second row work’.
The management team were extremely pleased with the team’s performance, which combined youth and experience.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44