THE GSD has revealed ambitious new plans for the expansion of Victoria Stadium.
If UEFA approve the proposals – and the GSD win the election – Gibraltar would play internationals at the renovated Rock site.
However, the current GSLP plans to build a national stadium at Lathbury Barracks will go ahead if they win another term in government.
Under the GSD’s Sports and Leisure Plans, Victoria Stadium and adjacent Bayside Sports Centre would be ‘expanded and enhanced’.
Four new UEFA/FIFA approved training pitches would be installed to help grassroots football.
The plans would also see Europa Sports Fields fully incorporated into a sport and leisure facility with a cricket and rugby pavilion.
The Bayside Sports Village would gain cycle paths and tree-lined walkways.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00