PODEMOS has vowed to improve relations with Gibraltar.
The anti-corruption party’s number two in Cadiz, Juan Antonio Delgado, visited the La Linea branch to discuss solving the ‘isolation’ of the Campo de Gibraltar.
He told supporters a relationship with Gibraltar is crucial to the area’s economic and social prosperity.
“There are so many more things which unite us than separate us. We must embrace Gibraltar as our neighbour,” he said.
Delgado, who joined the Podemos ranks last November following two decades in the Guardia Civil, also slammed the lack of transport connections between the Campo de Gibraltar and the rest of Spain.
“It is unacceptable that a port as important as Algeciras’s has a rail link from the 19th century,” he said.
“It’s the same with the coastal motorway, which began a few years ago in Cadiz but does not yet reach the Campo de Gibraltar.
“These works are also vital for promoting tourism on the coast.”
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16