AN underworld crime lord who flooded Scotland with drugs from his Spanish hideaway has been jailed for 11 years.
Drug boss Roy ‘Mr Big’ Dunstance was found guilty of drugs and weapons-related charges after a police investigation in Scotland revealed he was running his empire from the Costa del Sol.
Dunstance admitted to running his multi-million euro drug syndicate from his Benalmadena home after he was arrested on a European arrest warrant in Rotterdam, Holland.
Heroin worth up to £5.66 million, cocaine worth £127,000, amphetamine worth £804,000 and cannabis with a value of £40,000 were confiscated in the investigation.
Glasgow police busted Dunstance after tapping his mobile phone and discovering the 39-year-old running his operations via Blackberry messenger.
Dunstance’s man on the ground in Scotland, James Hanlon, also pleaded guilty to involvement in the supply of cannabis and was sentenced to two years and four months.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36