THE best-reviewed hotels in the world have been unveiled by TripAdvisor.
The user-generated site has listed its top 25 hotels for 2016, based on user ratings and reviews.
Hotel Abadia Retuerta Le Domaine in Valladolid is the only Spanish entry on the list, coming in at number 21.
Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur in India ranked best of the best, closely followed by the Shinta Mani Resort in Cambodia.
Two UK hotels made the list: the Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons in Great Milton (at number 6) and The Milestone Hotel in London (15).
A night at the best hotel in the world as rated by TripAdvisor users will set you back around €500 a night, while a trip to the highest rated Spanish hotel is a steal at just over €400.
The Hotel Abadia Retuerta Le Domaine boasts a 12th century abbey and the remaining walls of a Roman monastery as well as the mod cons of spa, bar and gym.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36